What is ISDN?
ISDN–Integrated Services Digital Network– is both a set of digital transmission standards, a network infrastructure that allows digital transmission over existing telephone wiring, as provided by public network service providers. An ISDN circuit provides end-to-end digital connectivity to support a wide range of services, including voice and non-voice.
Primary Rate Interface (PRI)
The copper line using digital transmission technology, extended from the nearest exchange to your premises is terminated into a Modem (RAD HTU E1 / RAD FCD E1). The PRI circuit is provided using a two pair of copper. It is also known as a 4-wire circuit. The input to the modem would be G703 and the output the modem is a V.35 interface. The modem can be extended to a PRI interface card or to a router optional Terminal Adapter for connecting other equipments like multiple phones, fax, PC’s or a Local Area Network. The TA ensures that analog signals transmitted through the respective equipments are converted to digital signals to improve speeds and transmission quality. In a BRA circuit consists of two B channels (64 kbps) and One D channel (16 kbps), (2B+1D).
Advantages of ISDN Over An Analog Line
Handle data, voice, image, video, telex, and fax.
High-speed alternative to analog dial up service
Allow fast call establishment
End to end digital circuit
Network management from switch
Handle wide range of Transmission speeds (64K /128K), 5 to 6 times faster than analog lines therefore lower usage cost.
Few pairs of copper, hence higher reliability.
Application that are widely used on ISDN
Concurrent use of any two applications like fax, data, voice, video conferencing
Electronic Data Processing
Data Transmission on LAN & WAN
Control Internet usage by allocating band width on a pay and use basis.
Enjoy the benefits of instant access on voice and Net.
Video Conferencing @ 128 Kbps, 384 Kbps High Quality Video by 3 ISDN Lines
Internet Access at 64 Kbps or 128 Kbps up to 2Mbps
Advantages of PRI Line Connectivity
- PRI Offers – Single incoming number with 30 Channels / Lines – No engaged tone at any time
- PRI Offers – Direct line for every extension / Fax – Better Call management with/without operator
- PRI Offers – Assured cost saving due to Zero rental and competitive calling rates.
- PRI Offers – Interconnect all your City office on Centrex with ‘Zero’ Call cost and all other city (any where in India) on Widex @ Ps 50 / Min.
- PRI Offers – Single consolidated bill with extension wise call details record – Free of cost
- PRI Offers – Superior Voice clarity with 100% uptime due to digital technology
- PRI Offers – Single wire carries all 30 Lines eliminating clumsy termination due to Cable clusters.
- PRI Offers – Shifting of PRI number without number change to any area within the same City (Subject to Feasibility).